J Atkinson & Co
J Atkinson & Co. have been supplying Tea & Coffee to the good citizens of Lancaster and surrounding areas since a young Queen Victoria came to the throne in 1837. The business was established in 1837 as the Grasshopper Tea Warehouse and has occupied these premises on China Street since 1901.
Many things have changed since Thomas Atkinson opened the first Grasshopper Tea Warehouse way back in 1837, but reassuringly some things remain very much the same – such as a good cup of Tea or Coffee. Stepping back in time into Atkinson’s shop reminds us that some things, such as quality, never go out of style.