Trench Brothers Exhibition at Lancaster Maritime Museum
The new touring Trench Brothers Exhibition will open at Lancaster Maritime Museum on 10 August and includes a programme of family events.
It uses elements of the Trench Brothers project to introduce the context of soldiers from the Indian Army, British West Indies and black British soldiers. It focuses on stories of eight soldiers and shows some of the many responses from children participating in the project through art, creative writing and music.
The exhibition includes:
- Maps tracing their travel to the Western Front;
- Photographic documentation highlighting key elements of their military life and experiences;
- Audio recordings of children’s Letters Home from given soldiers they set to music with a composer;
- Children’s artwork created in response to the soldiers’ lives;
- Interactive elements to explore rations and uniforms;
- A range of artefacts including model puppets;
- A special place of remembrance to share the experiences offered by the Trench Brothers performance piece.
Website Get Directions
- August 10th, 2017 to September 24th, 2017
- Custom House, St Georges Quay, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 1RB
- Get Directions
- 01524 382264
- Art & Exhibitions History and heritage