Know Before You Go
You’re excited to plan a break for when national restrictions end – but there might still be local or regional guidelines to follow, and some venues might not yet be fully back up and running. So what do you need to do?
- Contact your accommodation and check if there is anything you need to know. Are there any restrictions as to the number of people or households that can stay? Do they provide towels, bedding, tea and coffee?
- If you are planning to visit an attraction – do you need to book tickets in advance? Is there a maximum capacity and/or a queuing system? Have all the normal facilities including the cafe reopened?
- If you are planning to visit a restaurant – do you need to book in advance? Are there any limits on how many people can sit together?
- Is the public transport to your destination still running as usual? Are there are any restrictions or requirements such as wearing a face covering?
- Is car parking available at your destination? Does it need to be booked in advance?
- Are there public toilets, including facilities for disabled people, at your destination? Find out with LockdownLoo.
Accommodation, venues and attractions can also sign up to the We’re Good To Go charter mark. Businesses will make sure they adhere to government guidelines on social distancing, cleanliness and contact tracing so that you as a visitor can be assured of a safe and enjoyable visit. You can find out which businesses have a We’re Good To Go industry standard mark here.
You can also contact Lancaster Visitor Information Centre for advice and help on planning your visit.
Contact our friendly and knowledgeable team on 01524 582394 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you enjoy your visit and look forward to welcoming you back!
If you run a local tourism business: