What’s on in February
The first signs of spring have arrived across the city and there are plenty of events and activities to enjoy in the month ahead –
- Enjoy romance with Valentine’s Day, indulgence on Pancake Day and family fun at the city’s Chinese New Year celebrations.
- Book your Valentine’s romantic meal out at one of the many fantastic restaurants and order some flowers from one of the city’s florists.
- Get crafty at the many February half term activities planned across the city at Lancaster’s Museums or enjoy some fantastic family leisure activities at Salt Ayre Leisure Centre.
- Get dancing, singing and laughing along with the Oompah band at Lancaster Brewery’s Frühlingsfest.
- Let your imagination fly to Neverland with a musical production of Peter Pan or laugh along with the Britain’s Got Talent comedy showcase at the Lancaster Grand.
- Experience the Haffner – Lancaster’s only symphony orchestra – play at the majestic Ashton Hall.
- View full details and more highlights on our ‘What’s On in Lancaster’ page.
More events from across the city
- Preview an exhibition of Iron Press Printmaking or join the Open Mic night with Spotlight at Lancaster’s creative hub The Storey.
- Meet the Keeper with your family at the Mini Beast Centre, or get fit with Parkrun and Lancaster Bootcamp in the beautiful surroundings of Williamson Park.
- Bring your toys along to Slot Machine Theatre – a heart-warming production at the Nuffield Theatre – or explore Ruskin’s Museum of the Near Future exhibition at Lancaster Arts.
- Find out what adventure Jack gets into when he cries WOLF! Or get inspired by one of the world’s best female climbers as part of a special talk and film night at The Dukes.
- Head into the woods with Hansel & Gretel in Little Grimm Tales or listen and dance to the unique and uplifting sound of ELO with ‘Magic – A Kind of ELO’ at The Platform.
- Try your hand at a life drawing class, Tai Chi or Pottery Classes at the historical Halton Mill.
- Stretch and boogie or improve your tap dancing with a variety of classes at Ludus Dance, Lancashire’s leading dance development charity.
- See more info and full listings on our Events Calendar page.
Something a bit different
- Celebrate Bowland’s fantastic dark skies with the popular return of Bowland’s Dark Skies Shine Out Festival – Supported by pop-up planetariums, night-time nature walks and night-time themed storytelling.
- Check out Highest Point’s recently announced headliners.
- Don’t forget to book tickets for next month’s wonderful Litfest.