Latest Information: Coronavirus
We have the following information on this page:
- Official Coronavirus UK guidance
- Lancaster City Council support
- Gift vouchers to support local businesses
- Businesses offering deliveries or alternatives to visiting
- Community support and offers
- Tourism business support
Official Coronavirus UK guidance
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
- Please remember to follow the latest advice from the government
Lancaster City Council Support
Visit the council’s dedicated page for the following information –
- Community hubs – help for individuals
- Business Support
- Community Volunteers
- Impact on Council Services
- Other organisations that can help
- Key council contacts
A business support team has been set up to support local businesses. Follow the link for information and to register with the team. Grants of £25,000 are available to businesses in these sectors that have a rateable value of between £15,001 and £51,000, and £10,000 for those with a rateable value of £15,000 or under. http://www.lancaster.gov.uk/business/business-support
- All non-essential shops are now closed until further notice.
- Our Visitor Information Centres in Lancaster and Morecambe are also closed but you keep in touch with us via our social media channels – (Visit Lancaster Facebook and Twitter and Explore Morecambe Bay Facebook and Twitter.
Gift Vouchers to support local businesses
Buy unique gifts and amazing experiences for you and your loved ones to use at a future time –
- Help us support local businesses in these challenging times.
- Buy vouchers on the dedicated www.vouch.gifts website.
Businesses offering alternative options, such as home delivery
Please contact the venue directly for further information and bookings –
Food and Drink
- Check out our “Lancaster At Home” page for a full list of local businesses offering delivery options.
- The Olive Branch – Food bank available to anyone unable to buy food for themselves. Please contact them on the following email address and phone numbers for more information and advice: 01524 555715 – 07572 577426 – Email: email@example.com
- Neuro Drop In – Delivering toiletries and non-perishables to members and providing telephone support. Please see the Neuro Drop In website for more information.
- Victoria Institute, Caton – A team of coordinated volunteers delivering prescriptions and food (from Caton Co-Op) to local residents who are unwell and/or self-isolating. For more information, please contact them on 01524 771733.
- Positive Futures – Located on the White Cross Industrial Estate, Positive Futures are open to support those with poor mental health and will deliver shopping to people who required to self-isolate. Please see their website for more information.
- Barton Road Community Centre – Coordinating a network of support for people of the Barton Road and Scotforth East areas. If you wish to volunteer or need support please contact them on: 01524 65622
- Marsh Community Centre – A centre for community support, with emergency packs available for vulnerable people. Please see thier website for more information.
- Hope Church, Lancaster – Coronavirus support line, offering shopping, post or parcel sending and collecting. Also can phone for company for those isolated. Please see their website for more information. Can also be contacted via their Facebook page and you can text their helpline on: 07473 932641
- Citizens Advice Lancaster – Telephone triage and support available. Can also be contacted for foodbank referrals. For more information please contact them on 01524 400404.
- Age UK – Offering support at home with shopping, collecting prescriptions, daily good day phone calls, information and advice, and take-home from hospital service. For more information, please contact them on 0300 303 1234 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Butterfield Opticians, Carnforth – Offering essential and emergency appointments and urgent repairs. For more information please contact them on 01524 732624.
- Atkinsons Coffee – You can order coffee beans, ground coffee, tea and equipment from Atkinsons Coffee Roasters from their website.
- Deliverloo – Local toilet and kitchen roll delivery service for both commericial and domestic addresses. Please see their website for more information.
- FHG Security – Offering an extensive list of services from cleansing and security, to vehicle hire. Please see the FGH website for more information.
- Tactical Security Operations LTD – A local company supplying close protection, security guards and street patrols. Please see the TSO Facebook page for more information.
- Cinnamon Trust – Offering various services – Dog walking, pet food collection, pet medication and urgent transport in the LA1 area. Please phone 01736 757900 for more information.
- Burch Tree Vets – Lancaster and Morecambe branches are closed but they are still offering daily video consultations. Carnforth branch is open but by appointment only. 24 hour emergency pet service continuing as normal. Please phone 01524 720002 for more information.
- AJ Exotic Pet Supplies, Lancaster – Home deliveries on all pet equipment and supplies. Please phone 01524 69825 for more information.
- EE, O2, Three and Vodafone – These mobile networks are waiving data usage for access to www.nhs.uk and 111.nhs.uk. This means that visiting these pages will not count towards your data usage and should also be available even if you have no data access on your mobile plan. Please double check that your network is participating in this offer.
- Zero Cars – Zero Cars are offering free travel to elderly members of the community as well as NHS workers. Please see this Facebook post for more information.
- Radio Heroes (Free Radios for the over 70s) – WaveLength, along with Argos, Currys PC World, John Lewis & Partners, Pure and Roberts Radio, are coming together with BBC Local Radio’s Make a Difference initiative, to provide radios to the most vulnerable over 70s. For more information and to nominate someone to receive a free radio, please see the Radio Heroes website.
Tourism Business Support
The following organisations have put measures in place to support tourism businesses.
- Central government – A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees by central government – https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/coronavirus-business-support/
- Visit Britain – Visit Britain have set up a dedicated Business Advice Hub to help tourism businesses quickly access information and support including signposts to the latest Government health advice, how to manage staff, cleaning guidance and financial support available.
- Marketing Lancashire – Resources and updated information can be found on Marketing Lancashire’s website – https://www.marketinglancashire.com/news/spotlight/coronavirus-covid-19-advice/
- Boost – Lancashire’s Business Growth Hub – Dedicated #Askforhelp team ready to assist businesses impacted. They can offer resilience tips and connect you to specialist advisors. Call 0800 488 0057. https://www.boostbusinesslancashire.co.uk/askforhelp/
- Lancaster City Council – A business support team has been set up to support local businesses. Follow the link for information and to register with the team. http://www.lancaster.gov.uk/business/business-support