Lancaster Maritime Museum- Exhibitions 2019
The former Custom House of 1764, designed by Richard Gillow, contains displays on the history of the Port of Lancaster and the local fishing industry, with a gallery for exhibitions. Exhibitions this 2019 include:
- 9th March- 28th May:
Making A Splash! Memories of Morecambe’s Super Swimming Stadium: A delightful collection of images from from the heyday of Morecambe’s Super Swimming Stadium, showing beauty pageants, swimming and diving displays, and family fun.
- 11th June- 1st September:
Barging Past, Lancaster Canal Bicentenary Exhibition: A celebration of the 200th anniversary of the opening of the Lancaster Canal.
- 7th September- 3rd November:
Images of Lancaster Past and Present: Views of Lancaster from days gone by to the present time.
- 9th November- 23rd February 2020:
Down By The Riverside: A closer look at the nature and wildlife the inhabit our river banks.
Entry is free to local residents and accompanied children from LA1 to LA6. Otherwise £3 adults, £2 concessions and 0-16 year olds free.
- Summer (1 April – 31 October): 10am – 4pm
- Winter (1 November – 31 March): 12pm – 4pm
Website Contact Get Directions
- March 9th, 2019 to February 23rd, 2020
- Lancaster Maritime Museum, Custom House, St George's Quay, Lancaster, LA1 1RB
- Get Directions
- 01524 382264
- Art & Exhibitions Event family History and heritage museums and galleries