Cancelled: Maritime Museum: Spring Craft Sessions
Unfortunately, the City Museum’s Easter activities have been cancelled. Please see Lancaster City Council’s statement for more information.
Enjoy some inspired craft sessions this spring half term at Lancaster Maritime Museum.
Create a Kool Kaleidoscopes, make a Daring Dragonfly or design your very own Lovely Lighthouse to take home!
Why not make a day of it! Explore this original Port of Lancaster Custom House with your family and find out more about Lancaster’s golden age and rich maritime history. Before setting sail for home, anchor up at the on-site café (now selling Walling’s Ice Cream) or head out onto the quayside jetty to take in the views of the River Lune.
Spring Half Term Craft Sessions –
- Monday 17 February – Kool Kaleidoscopes – Get creative and make a colourful Kaleidoscope to take home.
- Tuesday 18 February – Daring Dragonflies – Make a Dragonfly.
- Wednesday 19 February – Stained Glass Kites – Create a stained glass effect kite to hang in your window.
- Thursday 20 February – Sow it; grow it – Decorate a plant pot to put your seed in.
- Friday 21 February – Lovely Lighthouses – Guide those ships safely to shore by making a lighthouse.
Times, Costs and Museum Admission –
- All Session times: 12.30pm, 1.30pm and 2.30pm.
- All workshops £1 per child.
- Booking advisable to avoid disappointment.
- Free to local residents (within the LA1 to LA6 postcode areas) Otherwise Adults £3, Concessions £2 and accompanied children Free.
Museum Opening Times –
- Open daily.
- Winter (1 November – 31 March): 12pm – 4pm.
- Summer (1 April – 31 October): 10am – 4pm.
Bookings and enquiries –
- Lancaster Maritime Museum, St George’s Quay, Lancaster, LA1 1RB
- Tel: (01524) 382264
Website Contact Get Directions
- April 6th, 2020 to April 17th, 2020
- Lancaster Maritime Museum, Custom House, St George's Quay, Lancaster, LA1 1RB
- Get Directions
- 01524 382264
- Event family-friendly