Morecambe Bay’s Hidden Hertiage
Delve into this exciting new exhibition unearthing some of the Bay’s lesser known maritime, industrial and archaeological stories! Celebrate the unsung people and places discovered through Morecambe Bay Partnership’s Headlands to Headspace programme.
- Uncover the history of salt making across Morecambe Bay and explore the myths and legends around Jenny Brown’s Point.
- Relive the swimming-related stories and the unique fishing heritage of the Bay, captured through two special oral history projects.
- Unearth exciting new ways of recording and discovering archaeology on the Bay, including sites at Warton Crag, Gleaston Castle and Walney Island.
- Discover parts of Birkrigg Common you may have never seen or known about.
- Celebrate all that is wild and wonderful about the Bay, including those special hidden spots that mean so much to the people that live here.
Featuring a wonderful interactive ‘fishing hut’, along with an intriguing collection of objects and digital displays, archive film footage and family friendly activities.
This project is kindly supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, through the Headlands to Headspace Scheme
This event is Free and requires no booking.
Website Get Directions
- November 10th, 2018 to February 24th, 2019
- Lancaster Maritime Museum, Custom House, St George's Quay, Lancaster, LA1 1RB
- Get Directions
- 01539 734888
- archaeological Art & Exhibitions Attraction Entertainment Event family Free headlands headspace Heysham History and heritage industrial Maritime Morecambe museums and galleries