Lancaster Visitor Information Centre
Whilst UKSPF funding has been secured in order to increase digital tourism information, the council has had to take the decision to close the physical offer provided by the Visitor Information Centres in Lancaster and Morecambe from September 9 2023. Find out more here.
Lancaster frequently asked questions:
Where are the nearest toilets?
- In the Marketgate Shopping Centre, LA1 1JL (go up the stairs at carpark entrance), or St Nicolas Arcades (LA1 1NB) – Public toilets are located down the stairs between My Dentist and Select. Baby Change facilities and Disabled toilets are to found next to My Dentist.
Where can I find out what bus to catch?
- https://www.stagecoachbus.com, there is also a Stagecoach app with live timetable information
What are the must-see things in Lancaster?
- Lancaster Castle and Museums, more information here: https://visitlancaster.org.uk/museums
- Judges’ Lodgings: https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/museums/judges-lodgings
- Williamson Park https://lancaster.gov.uk/williamsonpark
- Lancaster city centre (boutique shopping, restaurants, cafes and pubs), The Dukes and The Grand Theatres, Vue Cinema, St George’s Quay, Lancaster Priory, Lancaster University (Lancaster Arts), Lancaster Canal and River Lune: https://visitlancaster.org.uk/things-to-do
What`s happening tonight/this weekend? Any special events?
Can I have a city map please?
Where is the best place to park?
- https://lancaster.gov.uk/parking Please note that most carparks are Pay and Display – why not download the Ringgo app and save time? https://ringgo.co.uk/
Where can I buy Lancaster souvenirs?
- City and Maritime Museums: https://visitlancaster.org.uk/museums
- Lancaster Castle: https://lancastercastle.com