The Lancaster district has a great range of high street favourites in which to shop, but its independents are what gives it a quirky and unique feeling. Come and browse these locally-owned and run shops, offering clothes and gifts; food and drink; and lots more!
Clothes, Gifts, Homewares and more
- Arteria: stylish handpicked gifts and homewares plus handmade crafted and bespoke items.
- Bay Framing: professional picture-framing service plus great range of cards and prints.
- Beach Bird: Gifts, clothing, original art and curios.
- Beauty 154: carefully selected beauty/cosmetic gift sets and stocking fillers, and beauty treatment vouchers.
- Briggs Shoes: extensive ranges of classically fashionable men’s and women’s shoes and accessories.
- Crescent Gallery & Picture Framing: artworks and prints by local and national artists.
- Dalton Square Florist: Beautiful flower arrangements for every occasion.
- Down To Earth Gallery: Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, clothes and more.
- Ethel & Em: Yarn, wool, knitting and crochet accessories and equipment.
- The Exchange Designer and Vintage Dress Agency: highest quality pre-loved high-street and designer clothes, shoes and accessories.
- Expressions of Lancaster: birthday, anniversary and Christmas gifts, homewares, jewellery and accessories.
- Fabrix Lancaster: Fantastic range of textiles and fabrics plus haberdashery and crafting supplies.
- Gillisons The Bag Shop: a great range of handbags, rucksacks, purses and luggage for all occasions, uses and budgets.
- Hilberry Designs Ltd: Locally inspired cards, prints and teatowels.
- Joseph+Co: stylish boutique and official stockist of Emporio Armani, Paula Smith and Ted Baker.
- Kitty Brown’s Boutique: Clothes, shoes, jewellery and footwear from this elegant boutique shop.
- Little Shop Of Hobbies: art and craft supplies plus hobby equipment.
- Madame Chocolate: Tempting chocolates plus chocolate and biscuit decorating kits and workshops.
- Merrymoon – Lancaster Assembly Rooms: ethically produced, fairly traded gifts and goods from India.
- Northern Yarn: Wool and yarn, plus local gifts, cosmetics and prints.
- Penny Street Collectables: an eclectic and carefully selected mix of old and new items for your home.
- Renes Fashion: fashionable clothes and accessories selected and presented by a knowledgeable and long-standing team.
- Room 12: Clothes, shoes and accessories boutique.
- The Runners Centre:Running and sports clothing, shoes, accessories and advice.
- Sand Arts and Crafts: Order online for delivery, create sand art ornaments, Christmas decorations, cards and more.
- Silver Tree: stunning pieces of jewellery for men and women including watches and engagement rings.
- Single Step: wholefood shop, selling loose foods, organic fruit and veg and eco friendly toiletries, household cleaners plus gift items.
- Soulstar: massage oils, face creams and other carefully selected organic cosmetics and beauty items.
- Textile Candy: a carefully curated marketplace of joyfully made, design-led gifts, accessories and home decor.
- Tinbox Angel: beautiful handcrafted leather bags and accessories.
- Viva Interiors: Beautiful ornaments, gifts and homewares, plus baby clothing.
- Waterhouse: independent clothes and accessories boutique selling major brands such as Superdry, People Tree and Birkenstock.
- Woodsmiths Studio – Cockerham: we design, make and paint original items from sustainable woods.
- Tipple Cocktails: Gift Vouchers now available.
- Lancaster’s Charter Market
Enjoy the hustle and bustle of a traditional outdoor market in Market Square and Cheapside and the aromas of freshly cooked food as you meander through more than 30 stalls selling a wide selection of items.
From local produce to international cuisine, fresh fruit and vegetables to plants and flowers, jewellery and clothing to arts and crafts. There is also a wide variety of unique gifts for all occasions.
Market days > Every Wednesday and Saturday from 9am – 4pm (3pm in winter)
- Morecambe’s Festival Market
The Festival Market is open Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday (including summer bank holidays and Easter Sunday) from 9am till 5pm (4.30pm from October to March).
With more than 100 stalls selling an enormous selection of products all under one roof, you are sure to find what you are looking for. After an hour or two of bargain hunting, you can take a rest in one of the market’s welcoming cafes serving homemade meals and cakes before setting off on foot to discover what else Morecambe has to offer.